The SPIDER project is supported by six associated partners, each well known for their respective role in the spatial data infrastructure domain.
The roles of the organisations that support SPIDER are:
(1) to provide ready access to the institutions in Europe that have educational programs dedicated to spatial data (infrastructures),
(2) to provide input for the Intellectual Outputs such as the new Open SDI learning, teaching, and training methods and materials,
(3) to enable SPIDER to use their networks for disseminating the SPIDER project results,
(4) to allow SPIDER network to connect to associations representing the professional geographic information community, such as Eurogeographics (national mapping agencies), and at a global level the International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS).
(5) to participate in the advisory board of the project and provide strategic advice on the project and its outputs
(6) to provide through the conferences and other events organised by several partners the perfect platform for sharing and discussing the SPIDER results with the SDI community in Europe and beyond